Sunday, September 26, 2010

Prosper on Purpose for a purpose (Tim Redmond)

Robin and I went to hear a phenomenal speaker yesterday at the Radisson Hotel.  His name is Tim Redmond and he speaks to and mentors business leaders.  He speaks on "Creating Wealth" (notice - not making money although that is part of it).  The title of this blog is that statement that he made that spoke the most to me.  Most of us want to change the world that we live in.  I know that I do.  If you are an entrepreneur, you definitely do.  By making your mark as a business owner in this world, your hope is that through your business, not only will you be profitable, but you will change people's lives by the products and services that you sell.

Many of us (me included sometimes) have been afraid of money.  Don't get me wrong, we like to have it, but I think a lot of us feel guilty about making it.  Why do you think that is?  For me, my fear has always been that I wouldn't know how to handle a lot of money.  I would feel judged if I was looked at as "too rich".  And yet, I also know that money is a tool to be used for the greater good.  "Prosper on purpose for a purpose". What is your purpose?  My purpose is to help people reach their goals by creating value in their lives through coaching. God gives me the power to create value in other people's lives.

By taking the gifts that I have been blessed with and prospering on purpose for a purpose, I know that I am fulfilling why I was born on this earth.  What about you?  Just something to think about.  Make it a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment