Sunday, August 15, 2010

How I Have Successfully Changed Through Coaching

I was sitting with a client yesterday and she asked me an interesting question.  She asked; "How did going through the life coaching course help you?"  She then went on to comment that she had seen a huge change in me and wondered what had happened to bring about that change.  It was a question that had to make me think and so I thought I would share my story with you.

Over the past 2 years, my husband and I have lost 10 people close to us through death.  As we were pastoring a church at the time, 6 of those people were from the church we pastored.  We had about 60 - 70 people in our church at the time, that was 10% of our congregation.  It was very hard for our church to cope and grieve the losses.  Robin and I as leaders felt that we both needed to be strong for the church and so we put our grieving aside.  In April of 2009, my dad passed away after struggling for years with Alzheimers.  Again, feeling the need to be strong for my family, I put my grieving aside.  Suffice it to say, I broke down after stuffing so much inside of me.  I went on a medical leave from my job for four months while I tried to heal and recover.

Being off for four months gave me lots of time to think about my life and what I wanted to do with my life.  One of my passions has always been to help other people successfully change their lives.  I just didn't know how to go about it in a way that was positive, encouraging and would bring lasting change to them.  I also wanted to help young small businesses become a success in what they do and so I thought I would be very good at small business setup. 

About three years ago, the term "life coaching" came my way and my first thought was that I would be very good at that.  Just before the end of my leave, I started checking out life coaching schools and courses.  I found a course through Fowler Wainwright International which was very affordable and signed up for the course.  Well, taking that course changed my life.

One of the best things about the course was that from Day 1, we were either coaching or being coached by our classmates.  Going through the coaching process as a "client" helped me to identify my goals, the roadblocks that prevented me from reaching those goals, the biggest being my self-talk.  I was a pro at talking myself out of anything.  When you lack confidence in who you are and don't believe in yourself, then achieving your goals becomes exceedingly difficult.  I lacked confidence and so I lacked the ability to believe in myself and my ability to successfully change my life.  That is what has changed for me. 

I know that I will succeed at whatever I put my hand too.  I know that I am a great coach who can powerfully and permanently help you to change your life.  I know that whatever goal I personally set for myself will be met and exceeded.  I know that I love who I am, what I do and where I am going.  I know that "with God all things are possible" and that I can do nothing in my own strength but that He will guide me.

You too can have that assurance.  If your struggles are of a personal nature, I can help you.  If your struggles are of a buisness nature, I can help you.  You can look me up on www.bestofcoaching.com/CathyToupin or  email me at successfulchangecoaching@gmail.com.  Don't waste one more moment of your life struggling.  Be the best You you can be and let me help you become that person.

Make it a great day everyone.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment